You Roof Repair Greenville
Is a Metal Roof Worth the Investment?
In addition to the cost of a new roof, homeowners should also consider other factors when researching options. We've made it easy for you by explaining the advantages and drawbacks of metal roofs so you can know how much your money will go!
Advantages of Metal Roofs
- Metal panels are high-quality. Metal roofs can withstand extreme weather and wind conditions, eliminating the risk of damaging shingles or tiles in severe storms.
- Metal roof systems can be fire-safety. Metal roofs don't produce flames or ignite like traditional roofing materials.
- Metal roofs can reflect light, which will result in lower energy consumption. Your home will be more comfortable if it is cooled by sunlight. You might also see an increase in energy savings.
- Metal roofs have the potential to be one of the longest-lasting roofing systems. An expertly installed metal roof will last for between 40 and 70 years with very little maintenance.
- Metal is extremely customizable so you can create your perfect look for any home. There are many specialty materials to choose from, such as. copper, zinc, aluminum, etc.) Paint colors and finishes are also available.
- Metal roofs can be protected from erosion. This is particularly important for coastal regions. Roofs made of traditional roofing materials, such as shingles, can be eroded by saltwater and sand much faster than those in a dry climate.
- Metal roofs are a specialty material that is more readily available because it is more affordable than traditional materials like asphalt shingles. Conventional materials can take longer lead times than metal, which makes it harder for projects to begin in times of shortage. Metal is easier to find than shingles if your project is ready to go.
Metal Roofing: The downsides
- Metal panels can be a pricey material. A roofer is required to install them properly with the correct training and resources.
- If your metal roof is not well-insulated, it could become noisy during thunderstorms. Installing metal in a climate with more frequent storms is a good idea.
- Unsane installation might result in costly repairs and increased costs. When looking for roofers who are experienced in installing this type of roof system, you should exercise extra caution.
There are many advantages to metal roofing. However, every home and homeowner is unique. We can help you understand how metal compares to other roofing options. Contact us by clicking below.
Greenville Roofing Masters
(252) 436 8250